Tuesday 28 February 2017

Everything's Coming Up Roses!

Following on from my last blog, here's another card I made using the same All Over Roses background stamp from My Favourite Things. I love this stamp - it offers so much scope; so many different ways you could use it.





So, basic white card blank with a gold mat adhered. This was to connect with the elaborate fancy gold label made with a Spellbinders die. I'm really enjoying trying to combine these intricate dies with more modern components.

I stamped a square of white card with the All Over Roses stamp using Versamark and then heat embossed it with Stampin' Up! White embossing powder.

Next step was to start tinting the card with Pink Pirouette ink. As it was not a large area, I just used a sponge dauber and used the ink straight from the pad. I worked from the left hand corner upwards with a pale first layer, then kept adding layers to intensify the colour but creating an 'ombré ' shaded effect so that the bottom left hand corner was a true pink and the top right hand corner remained white. Add gradually - you can always add more but you can't take it away!

I used double sided tape to fix this patterned mat over the gold mat. I cut the label die from Stampin' Up! Gold paper/card. I must add that I usually use a cheaper brand of gold card but I found the Stampin' Up! Card to be far superior - it was such a marvellously dense gold foil, super lush and well worth the money as it really added something extra to the card

The Spellbinders label die includes the corresponding oval shape, which I cut with Pink Pirouette card and glued to the gold label with a small patch of fun foam between. I printed and gold foiled the sentiment using my Minc machine and Heidi Swapp gold foil and hand cut it to size and trimmed the ends, then threaded it through the label  - the foam gave it a nice lift.

Nearly finished. I then just cut more fun foam and, using double sided tape, I attached it to the back of the label and then onto the card. I only use the little foam pads for sticking flowers or small elements on. I much prefer the effect that a larger piece of fun foam gives. It's more robust for postage and when viewed from the side, looks so much neater.

If you don't have a foiling machine, you could easily stamp or emboss any sentiment on this card - in fact I plan to make it in various colours and make it up to the last stage when I can add any sentiment as appropriate for times when I need a card in a hurry.

I love this card. It's elegant and fancy without being horribly fussy and I hope you like it too.

Thanks for dropping by.

Jane

Non SU products

Roses All Over background stamp from My Favourite Things
Spellbinders label dies
Heidi Swapp Minc machine and gold foil

SU Product List

1 comment:

  1. This card is lovely, very stylish and really pretty Jane. I love it x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.