Friday 24 March 2017

Get me to the Church on time.....

A good crafting friend of mine got married last weekend and I felt it was an ideal opportunity to make a full-on wedding card with all the trimmings.

I wanted it to be elegant, romantic and intricate but without being too schmaltzy and over fussy. Quite a tall order, but this is what I came up with.



So, first and foremost I decided on the beautiful heavy cream colour card by SU called Very Vanilla. This is a gloriously rich colour card and is amazingly smooth, so looks instantly classy. 

I wanted to keep the colour palette subtle and subdued, so I chose a very pretty tiny floral DSP from SU in Sahara Sand which blended with the cream.

Now for the special intricate elements. I love trellis patterned cards that are lifted away from the base and found a beautiful square one called 'wire' by  Amy Designs. I suppose if you look very closely it resembles wire, but it just looked like netting to me, and I cut it out from matching cream pearlescent card.

I painstakingly cut tiny slivers of foam to lift this round the edges and also stuck a few dimensionals under the centre area where I knew it would be covered by embellishments and stuck it onto a square of Very Vanilla card.

I had already decided on a small square die motif from a Spellbinders set for the centre piece and I also cut this from the cream pearlescent card,  but before I adhered this, I wrapped beautiful 1" wide satin ribbon in matching rich cream around the centre of the trellis element, sticking it with tape at the back.

I started to assemble the card. A Very Vanilla square card base with a small floral mat on top. Then the trellis element

The next addition was a central disc which I gold embossed with a sentiment from an SU stamp  set  and punched out the with my SU punch, which was the perfect size. This was placed in the very centre of the card.

I tied a nice generous bow with the satin ribbon and attached it using a hot glue gun and it look ed good, but still needed a little something to make it really special.

I tried rhinestones, but I prefer them with white card, cream seems to cry out for pearls so I found some nice slightly coffee coloured stick on pearls and added them sparingly.

It still looked unfinished and I tried several things and eventually I hit on dazzling diamond cardstock from SU and punched out a cluster of tiny flowers using the retired Itty Bitty punch, but almost any tiny flower would do.  I glued these down here and there and finished them with the same tiny pearls.

It looked great. The glitter paper glimmered with rainbow tones and looked so pretty.

I must say I was thrilled with how the card looked and felt I'd done my friend proud and knew that she was one person who would appreciate all the effort that went into it. I kept all my wedding cards and I hope she will keep this one as one of her memories of her special day.

Hope you like this card too. Thanks for stopping by.

Jane


Product List

3 comments:

  1. Love this card. Its so pretty - and so nice to have seen it "in the flesh" !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Jane. I love the Trellis Design. I am sure the couple will treasure it. xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.